
As you may be able to guess going by the above picture, not only is October my birth month, but this is the year I'll be turning thirty! Yikes, readers, if we were living in the dystopian future world of Logan's Run my lifeclock would be gearing up to flash red-black-red-black and I would have to report for "final sleep" at carousel! For those of you not familiar with LR: that means "voluntary euthanasia"! Good thing those "death panels" we've heard so much about apparently only apply to grandma--I guess that means a few more decades for this soon-to-be triagenarian.
That's kind of like "good news, bad news" in that now I have to figure out what to do in my middle age. In LR there's no question what you'll be doing with your life: either you'll be a Sandman (a future-cop sort who kills anyone who refuses to submit to carousel) or you'll devote your doomed existence to the pursuit of awesome sexy fun. It's a sort of melding of 1960's era swinging grooviness and a post-fall Roman decadence, so what could possibly go wrong, right? Plus: haute couture color-coordinated togas that would make Donatella Versace blush...I love the future! No need to worry about grad school, internships, career assesments, job fairs, resumes or what to tell your estranged cousins at the next family picnic: the pressure's off! The only thing you need to worry about is getting directions to the next LSD orgy--hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment