Happy Groundhog Day, readers! Happy, that is, if you enjoy the icy embrace of winter, because that little bastard saw his shadow again this year (that's 3 years running, for those of you keeping score and/or participating in the groundhog prognostication office pool). I don't mind the cold, but all the snow piles/ice/slush on the streets and sidewalks puts a damper on my half-marathon training (only 2 more months left!), so I for one wouldn't mind putting winter 2010 behind me in favor of nice, dry roads and non-twisted ankles. But alas, Punxsutawney Phil sees the looming phantasm of bleak, wintry days ahead (I imagine he interprets this dark omen as his own shadow). So I guess we can all start making our long term cold weather plans now--unless you live in Alaska and will be forced to listen to some know-nothing marmot this year (but honestly, it's Alaska, so of course you're getting more winter).
No comments:
Post a Comment