Sunday, March 6, 2011

Time To Choose Sides



Hey readers, did you hear? Spring training has officially started (actually, I'm a little late in reporting this, but whatever--you don't come here for breaking news. I hope.). In honor of this fact, I'm all about helping you non-baseball fans finally get into the game via picking a team to love/hate, already. Flowcharts are another one of my favorite things, so the above (click to enlarge) really hits the sweet spot: just answer a few simple questions in the above chart and you'll have the team that you'll be living and dying with this 2011 season.

(P.S. you probably know who I'll be rooting for this season--and all other seasons, by god--so I have to say I don't appreciate that Jumbo tron crack! But it makes me wonder: do most other parks make as strong a push with the electronic cheer-prompting, or is it just Cincy? Hmmm.)

(P.P.S. once you have your team figured out, head on over to Spring Training Online and find out which spring training league your guys are in: the Cactus League or the Grapefruit League? Any major trades that will effect the start of the season? Football's over & nobody cares about NBA: might as well start thinking about opening day!)

2 comments:

  1. 24 days until opening day if I count right?
    The brew crew really put a whooping on the reds
    today (18 to nothing) I know its spring training
    game but still hard to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch! in my day there was something called the mercy rule: getting beat by 10 or more runs by the 4th inning meant the game was over (before anybody started crying...)

    ReplyDelete