
Yikes, readers: tomorrow's the big race! in just 16 hours I'll be lining up on 3rd street near Southside Drive in anticipation of my very first half marathon! Feeling some jitters, but having no doubts about being ready. The best thing about this being my first race is that there is no pressure to top myself: no matter what, tomorrow will be a personal best so I can pretty much just relax and enjoy it. I'm thinking about it in terms of just going out for a nice long run--with 14,999 other people(!)
The only thing I am worried about is the weather: 80% chance of thunderstorms! Like, with thunder and lightning. Huh. That really puts a damper on things. So I guess I'll have to put my iPod in a ziplock (running for 2+ hours with no music is NOT an option), and my visual situation looks grim as I can imagine my glasses fogging up and being useless, not to mention wet socks, giant puddles and being generally soaked through. This and I'm still not 100% over a sinus infection that was in full force last week...
But whatever, readers: I've been training for this thing for 8 months, so I'm game for some bad weather. And the fact that I'll be rained upon will simply up the badass factor and bragging rights I'll get, so I guess it will be fine.
And check out my outfit for the occasion:
* New-ish Mizuno Wave Rider running shoes (with neutral cushioning);
* my favorite cushy black socks;
* my crazy 3/4 length CW-X Stabylx running tights;
* plain old Target brand polyester/cotton blend shirt;
* Camelbak utility belt with water bottle holster (don't call it a fannypack!);
* 3 pouches of GU Chocolate Outrage energy gels;
* merino wool/acrylic blend arm warmers;
* eye glass keeper-on-ers;
* Brooks running cap;
* Mini Marathon number bib with microchip embedded to record time (I think it's like an RFID tag), #13547D
Stay tuned for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment